Monday, January 30, 2012

thank you le pain...

Thank you le pain quotidien for your perfect unsweetened iced tea, your delectable brioche but most importantly for your cozy and private ambiance that made me feel secure enough to nurse in public for the first time!! What a milestone for mama annie the other day during our adventure into the big city!
I had a doctors appointment the other day and our little family piled into the car with all of our baby gear and drove on into Chelsea, our former home. We met up with our friend and for a little bit it felt like I was a resident once more, I transitioned right into a city mom and started nursing over iced teas. It felt like quite an accomplishment. New motherhood is filled with these little achievements. Ahead of time you learn about all of the baby milestones; smiling, cooing, rolling over, improved motor skills, lifting his head but you don't think about what your milestones will be; leaving the house, grocery shopping, fitting in a shower and blow dry, going for drive by yourself, trying on new pants (more on that later) and nursing in public! I know both Luca and I have many more of these ahead of us but each one fills me with such pride and lets me know that I've got a handle on all of this and we're doing ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment