Sunday, February 5, 2012

little miracles...

As a new mom I'm often looking for a "miracle" product. What is going to make me look like I have gotten some sleep and that I have bright and glowing skin and rosy cheeks and shiny lips? What can make me look like a super mom? And what is going to do this is in as few steps as possible? And when I do get a chance to wash my hair, can it look awesome? And can some of these things be budget, as I am no longer working? While I'm still on the search for some of these products, I think I've come across some new mainstays.


The Burt's Bees Rosewater and Glycerin Toner makes my face feel fresh and clean and smells lovely. I had retired toners from my life a couple of years ago, wondering what the point was. And I guess I still don't know if there is a point, but I know that I like it and that it makes me feel like I'm sort of pulling myself together when I don't have time to do much of anything.


Now here's where the magic is: The NARS Multiple Stick in G-Spot (pardon my blushing). This product is important because it makes me feel pretty. And fancy. And just by swiping a little on my cheeks and lips, I feel like a more put-together woman. And that's a pretty amazing thing. This is definitely not a budget item, but totally worth it in my opinion.


I follow up that NARS with some Rosebud Salve, and then throughout the day again and again. It feels nice and smells nice and looks nice. Done.


Finally, Suave has come out with Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner so it makes your hair feel nice and smooth and comes at a great price. Thanks, Suave!

The one product that would round-out my miracle team is a great moisturizer. Now that I'm officially "in my 30's" I do think about my skin and how to make it look dewy and bright, not rough and dull. And I have found myself thinking about prevention (wrinkle, sun damage) like I never did before so I guess it's about that time that I step up my face game. Any recommendations??


And get ready for some gushy lovey stuff now because of course my best miracle of new motherhood is my little Luca (awwww...). He may be the best possible reason to not have time for my formerly intense prep work every morning.

What are all of your favorite items and what makes you feel refreshed, lovely and put-together?

No comments:

Post a Comment