Thursday, February 2, 2012

playing pretend...

When I first read The Bloggess I laughed and laughed and then forwarded post after post. Blogger Jenny Lawson's posts are silly and absurd but she is also incredibly open with her readers about some of the issues she has had to overcome. While I know that someday I will post about some serious topics, it's something I have been incredibly nervous about. That type of honesty about such personal things is scary. But she works it in seamlessly, right in between posts about large chickens named Beyonce and her love of taxidermy.
And now she has a book, "Let's Pretend This Never Happened." I'm about to pre-order it myself. I'm hoping by the time it comes out I'll have time for reading books again!
Also, this book is not out yet so I haven't read it, this isn't a review. So if you get it and don't like it, if it's not your cup of tea, please continue to hang with me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment